Sunday, August 26, 2007

Circle Food Store open store day

from a comment page online from a exiled New Orleanian:
"I sincerely hope the neighbors turn out for the trial event. I agree they should have given the public a heads up on the event. I have many memories of the Circle Food Store from my childhood up to my adulthood. My fondest memories were during the Thanksgiving and Christmas holidays. My husband and I would go to purchase bell peppers. They would be on sale for 8 or 10 for $1.00!!! Can't get that anywhere in the United States. I mostly enjoyed the conversation and sharing holiday receipes with other shoppers. That is why I long to return home. The shoppers here are not friendly at all and the prices here for one bellpepper is $0.89. They stand in line behind you or pass beside you with their shopping basket and act as if you are invisible. How many of you remember the Easter holidays, with all the Easter rabbits, pecan, heavenly hash and gold brick eggs???? The snack bar in the old days was the bomb. Gumbo crabs, shrimp, catfish and crawfish were to die for. You could also purchase school uniforms and supplies for your kids at Circle Food Store. Cash checks, purchase money orders and pay your utility bills there too. If I were back home I'd surely attend the grand opening. Hope everyone goes out to the grand openinG. Email your friends or call by phone and spread the word so they can return the Circle Food Store back to the neighborhood. Block by block we can get the old 7th ward back better than ever. Y'all pray for me and my family that we are able to return soon. GOD BLESS YOU ALL."






No comments: